North MS Local Forecast: Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 76 with lows between 49 and 61. There is a 100% chance of rain today, a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, an 80% chance of rain on Saturday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of AM showers next Monday, a 40% chance of AM showers next Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain next Wednesday. Winds today will be out of the East-Northeast at 10-20mph with gusts to 30mph then tomorrow will be out of the East-Southeast at 10-20mph with gusts to 30mph. Total Rainfall amounts through early Wednesday morning will generally range between 1-2 inches with isolated amounts of 2+ inches. Localized flash flooding will be possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Todays high is 68 and a low of 59 with a 100% chance of rain with East-Northeast winds at 15-25mph with gusts to 35mph. Tuesdays high is 65 with an 80% chance of rain with East-Southeast winds at 10-20mph with gusts to 30mph.
Severe Weather Update (Southeast Region): Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be a threat of severe weather around October 30th-November 3rd.
Severe Weather Outlook (Nationwide): Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Marginal Risk of severe weather today across the Central Gulf Coast. Main threats: damaging winds and isolated tornadoes. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Marginal Risk of severe weather on Wednesday for a portion of the Upper Ohio Valley. Main threat: isolated damaging wind gusts.
Tropical Update: Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) An elongated area of low pressure located about 1275 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula has changed little in organization during the past 24 hours. Development, if any, of this system is expected to be slow to occur while the low moves little during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Olaf has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is Northeast at 11mph. Is expected to remain a tropical storm through tomorrow afternoon then weaken to a tropical depression by Wednesday. Not a threat to land. Expected to enter the Eastern Pacific basin by late today or tomorrow. In the Western Pacific, no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Arabian Sea), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific), no development is expected over the next 5 days.
Long Range Outlook: As we head into late October/early November, expect an increase in rainfall across the Southeast with a slight increase in potential for severe weather. Temperatures will range between normal to slightly below normal. May see one to two more tropical threats going through early to mid November.
Weather Word of the Week: Flash Flood. Is a rapid and extreme flow of high water into a normally dry area, or a rapid water level rise in a stream or creek above a predetermined flood level, beginning within six hours of the causative event (e.g. intense rainfall, dam failure, ice jam). However, the actual time threshold may vary in different parts of the country. Ongoing flooding can intensify to flash flooding in cases where intense rainfall results in a rapid surge of rising flood waters.
Where to find more about me: Visit my website at Parker Weather Service.com, or follow me on Twitter at JohnnyParker012@twitter.com and on Google Plus JohnnyParker. The Regional Rehabilitation Center in Tupelo, MS, serves people, like myself, with physical disabilities. I am their “Weatherman in Residence”.