North MS Local Forecast: Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 36 and it feels like 31. Highs will continue to range between 48 and 68 with lows between 27 and 57. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 100% chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of a few showers on Sunday, a 40% chance of AM showers next Monday, and a 60% chance of showers next Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 37 and it feels like 34. Todays high is 57 and a low of 46 with a slight chance of rain with South-Southeast winds at 10-20mph with gusts to 30mph. Tuesdays high is 48 with a 100% chance of rain.
Severe/Winter Weather Update (Southeast Region): Now, for your Severe/Winter Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be winter weather potential around January 25th-30th. There could be severe weather potential around February 2nd-3rd.
Severe Weather Outlook (Nationwide): Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Marginal Risk of severe weather on Wednesday across much of Central and Southern Florida. Main threats: damaging wind gusts and a few tornadoes.
Tropical Update: Now, for your tropical update. In the Western Pacific, no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Arabian Sea), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean), (#1) Tropical Cyclone Corentin has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 995mbars. Movement is East at 8mph. Is expected to dissipate by tomorrow or Wednesday. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific), no development is expected over the next 5 days.
Long Range Outlook: As we head into late January/early February, expect a continuance in normal to above normal rainfall across the Southeast with an increase in potential for winter weather. Temperatures will range between normal to much below normal.
Weather Word of the Week: Hail. Is showery precipitation in the form of irregular pellets or balls of ice more than 5mm in diameter, falling from a cumulonimbus cloud.
Where to find more about me: Visit my website at Parker Weather Service.com, or follow me on Twitter at JohnnyParker012@twitter.com and on Google Plus JohnnyParker. The Regional Rehabilitation Center in Tupelo, MS, serves people, like myself, with physical disabilities. I am their “Weatherman in Residence”.