North MS Local Forecast: Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 28 and it feels like 20. Highs will continue to range between 45 and 68 with lows between 27 and 49. There is a 90% chance of rain on Wednesday, a 90% chance of thundershowers on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 60% chance of showers next Monday, a 60% chance of showers next Tuesday, a slight chance of rain next Wednesday, a 30% chance of AM rain/snow showers next Thursday, a 40% chance of showers next Saturday, and a 60% chance of thundershowers next Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 37 and it feels like 19. Todays high is 37 and a low of 19 with a 40% chance of AM snow showers. Tuesdays high is 44.
Severe/Winter Weather Update (Southeast Region): Now, for your Severe/Winter Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be winter weather potential around January 19th-February 5th.
Severe Weather Outlook (Nationwide): Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no risk of severe weather over the next 2-3 days.
Tropical Update: Now, for your tropical update. In the Western Pacific, no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Arabian Sea), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the North Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific), (#1) Tropical Cyclone Victor has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 975mbars. Movement is South at 10mph. Is expected to remain a category 1 cyclone through Wednesday. Not a threat to land.
Long Range Outlook: As we head into late January/early February, expect a continuance in normal to above normal rainfall across the Southeast with an increase in potential for winter weather. Temperatures will range between normal to much below normal.
Weather Word of the Week: Freezing Rain. Is rain that falls as a liquid but freezes into glaze upon contact with the ground.
Where to find more about me: Visit my website at Parker Weather Service.com, or follow me on Twitter at JohnnyParker012@twitter.com and on Google Plus JohnnyParker. The Regional Rehabilitation Center in Tupelo, MS, serves people, like myself, with physical disabilities. I am their “Weatherman in Residence”.