Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 96 with lows between 62 and 69. There is a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 95 with a low of 70. Thursdays high is 95.

latest (radar 1)

map_specnewsdct-100_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366 1

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There are no threats of severe weather in the longer range.

94ewbg 1 98ewbg 1 99ewbg 1 fill_94qwbg 1 p120i 1 p168i 1

hazards_d3_7_contours_home 1

hazards_d8_14_contours_home 1

probhazards_d8_14_contours 1

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1a) Marginal Risk of severe weather today from Central/South-Central Pennsylvania through Maryland and Eastern Virginia. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1b) Marginal Risk of severe weather today from Northern Missouri/Southern Iowa through Northern Illinois, Far Southern Wisconsin, and a small part of Southwest Lower Michigan. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1c) Marginal Risk of severe weather today surrounding the Slight Risk from Southern North Dakota/Northern South Dakota to portions of Central/Northern Minnesota. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#2) Slight Risk of severe weather today across Southeast North Dakota, Northeast South Dakota, and to part of West-Central Minnesota. Primary threats: large hail, damaging winds, and a few isolated tornadoes. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1a) Marginal Risk of severe weather tomorrow over a portion of the Southern/Central Plains and Upper MS Valley. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1b) Marginal Risk of severe weather tomorrow over a portion of the Northeastern States and Ohio Valley. Primary threats: large hail and damaging winds. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Marginal Risk of severe weather on Friday from a portion of the Southern and Central Plains into the Mid MS Valley area. Primary threats: large hail and damaging winds.

day1otlk_1200 1

 

day1probotlk_1200_torn 1 day1probotlk_1200_wind 1 day1probotlk_1200_hail 1

 

day2otlk_0600 1 day2probotlk_0600_any 1 day3otlk_0730 1 day3prob_0730 1

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) A tropical wave located near the Cabo Verde Islands is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of this system, and a tropical depression could form by the weekend while it moves west-northwestward toward the central tropical Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Newton has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 988mbars. Movement is North at 17mph. Is expected to dissipate by tomorrow over Arizona. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for: Topolobampo to Puerto Libertad. Wind: Tropical storm conditions will continue over portions of the warning area in mainland Mexico this morning, but winds should subside by this afternoon. Tropical storm conditions could spread into portions of southeastern Arizona later today. Rainfall: Newton is expected to produce additional rain accumulations of 1 to 3 inches over the central portion of the Baja California peninsula. Newton is expected to produce total rain accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, and possible isolated maximum amounts of 10 inches, over the Mexican state of Sonora. Moisture associated with Newton is expected to produce total rain accumulations of 1 to 3 inches with locally higher amounts over southeastern Arizona and southern New Mexico through Thursday. This heavy rainfall may cause life-threatening flash floods and mud slides in areas of mountainous terrain. Storm Surge: A dangerous storm surge is expected to produce significant coastal flooding near and to the southeast of the track of the center within the tropical storm warning area. Near the coast, the surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves. Elsewhere, elevated water levels are expected in areas of onshore wind. Water levels will diminish later today. Surf: Swells associated with Newton over the Gulf of California will begin to subside. (#2) An area of low pressure located about 1000 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to produce disorganized shower activity.  Some slow development of this system is possible during the next couple of days before environmental conditions become less conducive later this week. This disturbance is expected to move northward for the next day or two and then turn northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) A tropical wave located well south of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing cloudiness and disorganized showers. A low pressure system is expected to form from this wave in a couple of days several hundred miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Slow development of this system is possible, and a tropical depression could form over the weekend while the low moves west-northwestward. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Lester has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 16mph. Is expected to dissipate by late today or tomorrow. (#2)  A weak surface trough is located about 1000 miles southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. Showers and thunderstorms continue to develop along the trough, but show little signs of organization. Environmental conditions, however, do support some gradual organization over the next couple of days as it drifts toward the northwest. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Malou has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is East-Northeast at 20mph. In the North Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean), no development is expected over the next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over next 5 days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific), no development is expected over the next 5 days.

two_atl_2d1 1

two_atl_5d1 1

ep201615_sat 1

114553W5_NL_sm 1

two_pac_2d1 1

two_pac_5d1 1

two_pac_2d2 1

two_pac_5d2 1

ep201613_sat 1

EP132016W1 1

gtwo_gsat 1